June is LGBTQ+ Pride Month and the BASE Pride Action Team has put together some really great activities to celebrate Pride in Evansville that fit perfectly with BASE’s vision of a community that is safe, healthy and inclusive.
- The Pride Disc Golf Tournament is BACK for all of June! Head on down to Lake Leota Park starting June 1st, play a round & send us your scorecards!
- The Pride Photobooth is up outside of Evansville Congregational United Church of Christ at 112 W Church St in Evansville all month! Make sure to use some of the fun props and take some photos to show us #WhyPrideMatters!
- Eager Free Public Library has an LGBTQ+ book display up all month showcasing LGBTQ+ authors, stories and more.
- Join us as we build the 4th of July Parade float at Evansville High School’s shop class. First meeting is June 6th, 3:30 at EHS. We will determine meeting times throughout the rest of the month at that meeting!
- Ashley Bowman is leading a book club for “We Will Always Be Here” on June 2nd, 9th and 16th at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 6pm. The group will also be meeting for a Q&A Session with authors Jenny and Kristen at Eager Free Public LIbrary on June 30th, 6pm.
- Mark your calendars for “Music on the SIde” as we welcome Kat and the Hurricane to Evansville. Join us from 5-8pm at Creekside Place as our friends at Evansville Underground Music put on a show!
- Briarpatch Youth Services is again hosting a Pride Prom in Madison! The Pride Action Team is arranging transportation; if you need a ride, let us know!
- What could be better than a fun night out with your family at Blue Devil Bowl? Not much, we think! We hope to see you at Pride Bowling Night from 6-9PM on June 23rd!
- Show your Pride on social media by and be sure to use #EvansvillePride and tell us #WhyPrideMatters when posting to make sure you get included in the Evansville Virtual Pride Parade video at the end of the month.
Want to see how we celebrated Pride in years past? Check out the videos below!